Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Leaves finally changing and other signs of fall…..


"Fall Apples           5"x7"         Pastel                 ©Sharon Lewis
$50.00  Click Here to Purchase



I’m finally seeing signs of fall here in Georgia. Some of the leaves are turning orange, yellow, or red although the brilliant colors of fall I think, are still weeks away. While I love the long days of summer, there’s a certain excitement that comes with cooler, drier weather and fall colors. My runs in the evening are getting to be almost pleasant and I’m completing the 4.5 miles in less time than usual.
Today I’m sharing a painting I did last fall of apples, another sign of autumn to me. This time of year, you can drive up to the north Georgia Mountains and see tons of roadside stands with fall apples and huge, orange pumpkins. When I see the color of the apples in this painting I think of warm, sunny days and crisp, cool nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment