Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fall Reflections

“Fall Reflections”     2.5” x 3.5”    Pastel   $20.00   © Sharon Lewis
Sold
 

Today is a perfect fall day. It’s cool, sunny, breezy, and the leaves are dancing in the air outside my window. The birds are making frequent trips to the feeder,  no doubt trying to make up for the calories they’ve been burning trying to stay warm.
I’ve been working on painting trees lately, trying to prepare for an art class tonight with Karen Margulis. She is an absolutely wonderful teacher so I’m really looking forward to this. I know some of my artist friends hate painting trees but this is something I really want to master since I have always loved trees. What’s not to love? They can be climbed, they offer shade, and this time of year, they offer us an always changing and increasingly colorful landscape. If there’s time this week, I will post more of my tree paintings. For now, this is a mini painting of another beautiful fall day, in Panola State Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment