Monday, October 28, 2013

A Walk Through the Woods

“October Woods” (Maine Landscape)  5” x 7”   Pastel   $50   © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase
 

     This weekend I had the opportunity to do one of my favorite things: to walk through the woods. As much as I love every electronic gadget that comes out as well as the ability to stay connected to family and friends, it’s also nice to occasionally get away from technology and my usual routine. It was a beautiful autumn day and there were very few people on the trail at Black Rock Mountain State Park. As I walked though the woods I heard only the wind blowing through the trees, the sound of a distant trickling stream, and the occasional rustling in the leaves of some animal. I felt very aware of everything around me (perhaps because of the small concern I had that the rustling was caused by a hungry black bear?). I somehow felt more energized but more relaxed. I had no iPhone, no Ipad, no laptop, and couldn’t have been happier.

     Today’s painting is on watercolor paper and is of autumn in the Maine countryside.

No comments:

Post a Comment