Monday, October 14, 2013

Guess what season is depicted in today’s painting!

"Sunset on the Marsh - Isle of Palms"   11" x 14" Pastel     © Sharon Lewis
$150.00 Click Here to Purchase    
   

Did you guess fall? I know I would have if I had not been there in person to see this.

Although it appears to be autumn, it was actually spring when I passed by this beautiful marsh just on the edge of Isle of Palms, near Charleston, South Carolina.
The sun was setting and it caused the marsh grasses to glow with an almost marigold-orange, light.

I’ve been painting marshes again lately because I just returned from a workshop with the wonderful artist, Stan Sperlak in Cape May Courthouse, New Jersey. His Crow Creek Farm looks out over a beautiful marsh that has such gorgeous light shining on it, especially early in the morning. Perhaps later in the week if I have time, I will paint that view again. In the meantime, I leave you with a view of a more southern marsh just as beautiful as it’s more northern cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment