Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Got my wish!


“What I Wished For”    9” x 12”   Pastel   $100.00  © Sharon Lewis  
Click here to Purchase

It’s been cloudy and gray here and I have spent most of the day wishing for some sunshine. Finally, when I was pushing myself to go for my daily 4.5 mile run….and dreading it because I hate running for some reason in really gloomy weather, the sun came out! And the sky was absolutely gorgeous! I was so lucky to be going outside just when the sun was peeking out of the clouds. The sky turned peach and pink and purple and finally yellow and orange. As the sun set, it looked much like today’s painting. It was one of those times when I was really torn between trying to be healthy (and continuing to run) and wanting to stop and paint. The healthy inclination won but at least I got my wish and was fortunate enough to have a stunning sunset as a backdrop for my run. Maybe choosing healthy isn’t so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment