Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A sunset for those with a sweet tooth….


"Orange Sherbet Sunset"       8 x 10      Pastel   $75     © Sharon Lewis

Click Here to Purchase
Yummm…. I love orange sherbet! It’s sweet and tangy and for some reason when I look at the sky in this painting, I can’t help but be reminded of this colorful dessert.  Looking at this scene I’m taken back to the late afternoon on the Isle of Palms when I watched the setting sun behind me reflect almost a rainbow of colors on the sea in front of me. I can also smell the salt in the air, feel a cool breeze and the warm sun on my face, and hear the sound of sea gulls. Who wouldn’t want to paint this beautiful ocean and sky?

By the way, as you can see from the date of the previous blog, I’ve been away for awhile. My day job, family, and life intervened so the blog had to wait. I hope to post more consistently from here on out.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful use of color here..how much would you be willing to part with this one for?

    ReplyDelete