Wednesday, November 6, 2013

November Afternoon in the Park

“Afternoon in the Park”   8” x 10”   Pastel   $75   © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase
 

It ‘s a beautiful fall afternoon here, in the 60’s with at least a little sun. Many of the leaves on my trees have finally changed and some of the branches are already bare. I’m not sure that I’m quite ready to see all of this glorious color go away so quickly. Like every fall, I find myself wishing that all of these bright colors would stay to cheer us up through the short days and long, cold nights of winter. If I had my way, all of the colorful leaves would stay on the trees until spring only to be replaced by other, equally wonderful colors.
Today’s painting is of a fall afternoon along a trail I’ve hiked often in a nearby park. I think almost every color in the rainbow can be found in these trees and bushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment