Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday’s Harvest

“Harvest Time”   8” x 10”   Pastel   $75    ©Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase 

           Today, after managing to work on multiple paintings I fortunately was able to “harvest” one. I know harvest typically refers to the gathering of ripe or mature grain, but sometimes it seems to apply equally to my paintings. Some definitely benefit from aging…or maybe it’s me that ‘s aging? I find that sometimes I need to give myself time away from a painting so that when I come back I can see what it most needs in order to be finished.
            Given this past weekend of glorious color, this one seemed perfect for today. It won’t be long until the gorgeous trees in my neighborhood as well as in the countryside completely lose their leaves; some have done so already. Every fall I hope for the impossible…that the colors will stay vivid for months.  But they don’t and so every time I see colors like the ones that inspired this painting, I feel so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment