Friday, November 1, 2013

After a rainy night in Georgia

After the Storm    4” x 6”    Pastel    $35   © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase 

The sun has finally come out after a rainy night in Georgia. I couldn’t help but think this morning when it was still raining, of the refrain in the song I associate with Ray Charles, “Rainy Night in Georgia”….
A rainy night in Georgia,
A rainy night in Georgia,
It seems like it's rainin' all over the world
I feel like it's rainin' all over the world
What a great bluesy song! If you read all of the lyrics you’ll notice that the songwriter, Tony Joe White, paints a series of pictures with his words, much as artists do with paint.  And if you listen to Ray Charles singing this song as I am now, he adds his own lyrics making the picture he paints his very own (listen here).
Today’s painting is loosely based on one of my photos and seems to express how I feel about today’s weather. The wind is blowing the dark storm clouds far away leaving us with glimpses of a brilliant sun-lit sky. A good way to think about leaving the work-week behind us with a great weekend ahead. Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment