Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Fresh off the Easel….

“Sunset on the Coast”  9” x 12”   Pastel  $100    © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase 

            
            Sometimes it’s fun to just paint and share what you love. Although I think that most times my paintings benefit from a little aging or at least some time for me to decide what they need, today’s painting comes fresh off the easel. For some reason, I had a desire to paint and post a scene with dramatic contrasts and color. Maybe it’s because I’m noticing my favorite colors are disappearing all around me as my trees lose their leaves or because I just like bold color and strong contrast anyway.
            Today’s painting is based on some photos of mine of Trinidad Beach State Park on the California coast. This is a beautiful area and one I hope to visit again sometime soon. We were having dinner at a restaurant on the beach and were lucky enough to get a table by the window. I don’t remember anything at all about the food but I do remember the gorgeous sunset over the water and how the light made the small puddles in the sand shine. Although I was disappointed to find that I’d forgotten my good camera, I was lucky enough to get a few shots with my iPhone to remind me of that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment