Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Symbol of Beauty, Rebirth, and Good Luck

“ New Year’s Apples”   5” x 7”   Pastel    $50      © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase 

            I’m back after a holiday break. I’ve had a wonderful time visiting with my kids and friends although the time passed far too quickly.  Although I haven’t posted here on my blog, I have been painting. I’ve been working on some landscapes but also on some paintings that are very different from what I usually post. I’ll talk more about these different paintings later.
            In the meantime, I was curious about what apples symbolize and so did a little research online. I was amazed at how cultures around the world view the apple so differently. In Greek myth, they’re golden and gifts of the goddess of love, Aphrodite. In Norse mythology, apples are symbols of beauty and rebirth. In Celtic traditions they may be given as tokens of good luck. So I offer you, in the form of a painting, these apples of beauty, rebirth, and good luck as well as my wishes for a very happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment