Friday, January 10, 2014

A Fish of a Different Color

“Fish Scales”    9” x 12”     Pastel     $100    © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase

            This painting may be a bit of a surprise for those of you used to my landscapes and still life works. However, after a particularly gloomy, rainy winter day, I decided some bright colors were in order. Today’s painting comes from sketches I made years ago when playing around with some ideas for colorful paintings. At the time, I think I wanted an excuse to use primary colors but for some reason, I never worked on the painting I had envisioned.  While straightening up my studio over the holidays I found my sketchbook with a handful of ideas about fish paintings and I just had to try this one. I painted this with Diane Townsend’s Wolf Kahn set of pastels. If you’ve ever seen any of his paintings, you’ll know we love a lot of the same vivid colors.
Wishing you all a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment