Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas!

“Christmas Light”      9” x 11”     Pastel        $100      © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase 

            The presents are wrapped and one “child” is home with the other arriving this afternoon. I can’t wait! It never really seems to be Christmas without both my kids home. Once they’re married and have other parents to divide their time between I know I will have to adjust. For now though, we will still bake and decorate our traditional sugar cookies together, creating small masterpieces with frosting and sprinkles. We will have my daughter hang the star on the tree since she is the younger of the two kids and as she used to refer to herself, “the littlest” (she still is). We will have our Christmas Eve mini-feast, a fire in the fireplace, and toast Christmas together. We will open our presents Christmas morning, have a holiday brunch, and then have Christmas dinner later in the evening. I love holiday traditions!
            I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and for those of my friends who don’t celebrate Christmas, I wish for you a time of warmth, love, and togetherness.

No comments:

Post a Comment