Friday, March 3, 2017

Left Out

“Left Out”                  Oil                10” x 10”                   $125         © Sharon Lewis 
Click Here to Purchase 


I’ve been continuing to have fun painting with oils and have a wonderful teacher: the very talented artist, Karen Appleton. I’ve been attracted to oils for some time though still love working with the pastel medium. I signed up for a beginning oils class with Karen and we have had so much fun! It was a bit frustrating at the beginning because I’m used to working with sticks of pigment rather than brushes and just selecting the color I want from my hundreds of pastels rather than mixing colors. Progress has been slow but I love it! I’m not only lucky to have found a gifted, generous teacher but also a group of people who love art, can laugh a lot, and are supportive of one another.
            Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment