Thursday, July 10, 2014

Loch Lomond Trees


"Loch Lomond Trees"        5" x 7"     Pastel     $50       © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase

            Last summer we traveled to Scotland and stayed one night at the Cameron House on Loch Lomond. It’s a beautiful hotel overlooking the loch (lake) with large trees everywhere interspersed with lush, green meadows. I loved this place! You could walk out of the hotel and just wander along the shores of the lake, take a sea-plane ride, or walk along tree-lined paths. I chose to walk everywhere taking photos – some of the loch but I was also drawn to the many, magnificent old trees.
            This painting I believe, started as a less than successful exercise for class. I had put it aside after brushing much of it out and spraying it with fixative so that I could paint over it. When I re-discovered it a few days ago, it was this very unattractive dark mess. I was going to throw it away but since I almost never give up totally on a painting, I decided to give it another try. I think this version more clearly shows the light shining behind and among these beautiful trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment