Friday, November 6, 2020

The Dawn of a New Day

“The Dawn of a New Day”      8” x 10”      Oil          $95        © Sharon Lewis

Click Here to Purchase

            The election returns are still coming in as I write this but the trend suggests that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will be our new President and Vice-President. I am so looking forward to a return to honor, decency, compassion, and honesty in high office and to a return to respect for our democratic values. I’m looking forward to rational, thoughtful, decision-making that reflects informed opinions from respected professionals. I look forward to “gut” responses or emotional responses being used only when someone chooses maybe new shoes or the color of their walls but not for making decisions for our country. As a country, I think that we have always been stronger when we invite diverse people to sit together at the table to solve problems. I know however that we have much work to do if we are to honor the principles identified in our Declaration of Independence. We must work hard to change conditions in our country if we are to protect each citizen’s inalienable right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. But, for now, I am happy to welcome a new day for the US presidency.

            Happy Weekend!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment