Friday, September 11, 2020

Sweet Pea

“Sweet Pea”      7” x 5”       Oil       $60     © Sharon Lewis

Click Here To Purchase


            I’ve been thinking of the people out in Oregon and California currently dealing with wildfires. It’s got to be heartbreaking to see acres and acres of this gorgeous landscape destroyed, especially if it also means you lose your home.

Before the fires started, I had been thinking of the west coast a lot lately because I thought I would be hiking and painting out there last month. However, given COVID rates, it seemed a good idea not to fly just yet. So, since I was still missing the west, I decided to paint from my many reference photos and focused on these striking hot pink flowers, called “Sweet Pea” or Everlasting Pea.”  You can find them as I did, scattered all over many bluffs along the Pacific coast and mixed in with delicious berries. If you’ll look closely, you’ll see a visitor on one of the flowers.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment