Thursday, September 17, 2020

Refuge



“Refuge”      9” x 12”       Pastel       SOLD    © Sharon Lewis

Click Here to Purchase

            I was so fortunate to get away for a few days last week to one of my favorite places to visit: the wetlands and beach near Charleston, S.C. I never used to be fond of swampy-looking areas like this; I associated them only with mosquitoes, alligators and snakes. I’ve since learned the tremendous value of wetlands like these as a refuge for many species of fish, birds, and other wildlife. In addition, given the recent visit by Hurricane Sally and her gift of tons of rain, these wetlands are beneficial in that they slow down the release of floodwaters.

            Hope wherever you are that you’re seeing some sunshine.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment