Thursday, September 29, 2016

Pacific Cove

“Pacific Cove”             Pastel               9” x 12”             $100         © Sharon Lewis
SOLD

            This summer, we spent some time along the Pacific Coast Highway (also known as Highway 1), especially near Monterey and Big Sur and it was absolutely gorgeous! In addition, every day was what I considered ideal hiking weather: sunny, breezy, and cool. Of course I wanted to paint everything I saw but there wasn’t enough time so I settled for mini paintings on location and larger ones once I got back to my studio. This painting is of a site that just entranced me because of the sinuous shape of the water as it flowed into this cove as well as all the gorgeous colors reflecting on the surface.
            Happy Almost Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment