Monday, June 1, 2015

Windy Day at the Beach


“Windy Day at the Beach”      Pastel         5” x 7”        $50       © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase
            I’ve been traveling quite a bit lately and wish I had just a little more time to paint some of what I’ve seen. Whenever I travel, I come back inspired to experiment with new subjects, colors, and styles. After attending a conference in a busy urban setting (New York) the week before, I traveled with my family to the beach last week for a very short family vacation. I thought I would have more time to paint but since the weather was gorgeous, we all took advantage of this to spend most of each day walking the beach or surfing the waves. Given how busy we all are, and how far a part we are geographically, I feel so very fortunate that I was able to spend some time with my son and daughter. I was also lucky that I was able to sneak in some time to do this small plein air study of the beach and beautiful sky.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment