Thursday, May 14, 2015

After the Rain


“After the Rain”            Pastel            9” x 12”          $100          © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase

            I’ve been enjoying the return of my hummingbirds and the joyous sound of birds chirping. The goldfinches and other winter bird visitors are gone leaving the old standards, the titmouse, chickadee, and cardinal.
            I know it’s not even summer yet but it’s already becoming warm and humid in north Georgia. I find myself dreaming of cooler, drier places like Scotland. Today’s painting is based on photos I took from the car as we drove towards Glen Coe, Scotland. The area before you get to the glen includes a beautiful river that flows through rolling hills. It’s a less dramatic but nonetheless beautiful area.


No comments:

Post a Comment