Wednesday, December 31, 2014

It’s the Last Day of 2014!


“Quietly Beautiful”      Pastel    2.5” x 3.5”    $20      © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase

            Female cardinals are often described as being a dull brown color. I think they are in fact often, quietly or subtly beautiful. I think some of the art I admire most is subtly beautiful as well. Don’t get me wrong; I love striking color in some art. However, if I think of the artists I have long admired such as Winslow Homer, Vermeer, Bierstadt, Mary Cassatt, I think of subtly beautiful work.
I think that they have so ingeniously woven their skill into the fabric of their art that they draw you in, fascinated by the image before you, and only later do you appreciate the great skill that produced that magnificent piece.
            I hope some day to produce art like that….maybe in 2015?
I hope that wherever you are, that you celebrate the end of the old year and the beginning of the new one with the warmth of family and friends and perhaps some quiet beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment