Thursday, November 6, 2014

What Kind of Clouds are These?


“Through Borders Wild”      Pastel    9” x 12”      $100        © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase


            I’ve mentioned before in this blog how much I’m fascinated by clouds. I have nearly walked into trees many times because I was so captivated by beautiful clouds. Fortunately, I have friends and family members who are very understanding and even occasionally save me from a painful intersection with a tree or lamppost. I have to admit that although I’m enthralled by the colors and designs I see in the clouds, I usually have no idea what type of cloud I’m studying. However. I’m thinking of getting a cloud book (yes, there is such a thing) that was recommended by my friend and fellow artist, Karen Margulis. It’s called The Cloud Collector's Handbook by Gavin Pretor-Pinney and contains descriptions and photos of every type of cloud imaginable. The clouds in this painting are to the best of my limited knowledge, cumulus clouds.
            Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment