Thursday, November 13, 2014

Loser Buys the Beers!


“Racing Home”    Pastel    9” x 12”    $100    © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase

        Several years ago I was on a ferry with family and friends between Boston and Provincetown. It was an absolutely gorgeous summer day in New England…cool and sunny on the water. We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day until I got an additional gift: on our way back we ran into a sailboat race. All of a sudden there were tons of brightly colored sails all around us. I enjoy painting sailboats so I started taking so many photos that a fellow passenger asked me if there was someone famous on one of the sailboats. I laughed and explained I just wanted the photos to paint from. She looked a little puzzled as if that sounded crazy and for anyone who lives in or around Boston, it probably did sound crazy. After all, they can see sailboats all the time unlike where I live in landlocked Atlanta.       
       Just looking at this painting, I can remember enjoying being with my family, the warmth of the day, the cool breeze and the sun on my face, the sounds of the gulls hoping for a snack from an unwary tourist, and all of the colorful sails that I couldn’t wait to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment