Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Patient Sentinel


“Patient Sentinel”       9” x 12”     Pastel      $100       © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase

            
              I took the reference photos for this painting, years ago…maybe as long as ten years ago, and I still find myself drawn to this image. I’m not sure if it’s because it evokes memories of a beautiful, cool, sunny, breezy, spring day on the New England coast or if it’s the image itself. There’s something intriguing about that house and I find myself fascinated by the pattern of dark trees and sunlit hillside. I would love to know what the view is like from that wonderful porch overlooking the water. I took the reference photos in the summer but I might have a different feeling about this place in the middle of winter when it’s most likely freezing cold and windy. Brrrrrr!
            I see this house as a patient sentinel, standing on the hillside, always watching and observing the changes of the seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment