Thursday, September 18, 2014

Looking for a Caldron of Clouds

Plein Air Clouds    Pastel     2.5" x 3.5"     $20      © Sharon Lewis
Plein Air Clouds #2     Pastel     2.5" x 3.5"     $20        © Sharon Lewis
Plein Air Clouds #3    Pastel    2.5" x 3.5"     $20     © Sharon Lewis

         I think I have never grown out of my early fascination with clouds. I remember as a child lying on my back in the grass (grass stains and dirty clothes never an issue back then) and staring at clouds seeing all sorts of animals and other cool things up in the sky. Especially during hurricane season, there were fast moving, powerful-looking storm clouds that would bubble up, like some huge caldron of clouds soon to boil over or explode….great entertainment for a child.
       Now I still walk around staring up at the sky, always on the look out for interesting clouds. The paintings above are quick studies I did at the beach over Labor Day.
       Hope your weekend is filled with glorious clouds and skies.      

No comments:

Post a Comment