Thursday, September 4, 2014

Who Do You Think Lives Here?

“Hidden Valley”        18” x 24”       Pastel       $300        © Sharon Lewis 
SOLD 

             When I took the photo that I used as a reference for this painting I was so focused on the gorgeous light falling on the mountains that I didn’t notice until much later that someone lives in this beautiful hidden valley. I can’t help wondering who this person or people are. Are they sheepherders? Are they eking out a living on a small farm? What must it be like to live in this valley, far from any neighbors, surrounded by mountains when the winter snows come? I imagine that however lonely it might be, you would have the most amazing view of this beautiful valley hidden amongst these magnificent mountains.
            I hope wherever you are, you’re enjoying the beautiful light of these early September days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment