Friday, February 21, 2014

Let’s Head for the Beach!


“ Windswept”         4” x 6”       Pastel        $35        © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase
 
            Today is a beautiful day in the Atlanta area! We are experiencing our usual weird weather this time of year. Last week we had snow and ice, and this week we’ve had fog, mist and temperatures in the 70’s! Today is a little cooler (50’s) but nothing like the cold that friends and family up north are experiencing.
            On a happy note, I have noticed daffodils pushing up their yellow heads, a welcome cheery sight in an otherwise, brown and gray landscape. Speaking of cheery sights, I’m so in the mood for the beach! I want a view of warm, peach sand and cool blue water, so today, I’m posting a painting of a beach. This painting is of a beach from Tofino, which is on the west coast of Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada.  It’s a beautiful place to walk and observe all sorts of amazingly colorful starfish and other assorted wildlife. Tofino has relatively warm winters and cool summers… just the kind of place I love to visit. However, although I found their cool summer temperatures a welcome respite from the heat of north Georgia in July, I believe I wore several layers of clothing every time I walked this beach.
So, as an artist, I changed the view to hopefully convey warmth and sunshine with an ocean breeze.
            May your weekend be filled with warmth and sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment