Friday, January 26, 2024

To the Beach

“To the Beach”     10” x 14”           Pastel            $420     © Sharon Lewis

Click Here to Purchase

            There are a lot of factors that influence what I paint but sometimes it’s as simple as I’m repeatedly drawn to a particular image. I’ve been focused on creating larger paintings lately and also on painting skies – particularly blue skies since we haven’t seen much of those during a week of rainy days. This was a scene that caught my eye when I was out west. I was by the shore, and saw all the gorgeous greenery covering this sandy cliff and the rather steep path winding down to a small beach below.  With the blue skies above and that beautiful turquoise sea below I had to paint this scene. When I look at this, I can still hear the call of gulls and the smell of salt in the cool breeze.

            Happy Weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment