Friday, July 28, 2023

Too Cold for Swimming

  “Too Cold for Swimming”      5” x 7”        $50        © Sharon Lewis

Click Here to Purchase


            It took me two days to fly back from Newfoundland (thank you Air Canada) so I decided to put my 24 layover in Montreal to good use and paint one of the many lovely views I saw in Newfoundland. I noticed that at many of the beaches, people had brought all  the things we expect to see on any beach in the south: towels, snacks, and suntan lotion. However, no one was in the water and people often had fleece jackets over their bathing suits. It takes a great deal of optimism to enjoy a day at the beach in Newfoundland with the cold water and wind gusts or maybe you need simply, an appreciation for sparkling blue water and gorgeous views.

            Happy Weekend!

         
 

No comments:

Post a Comment