Thursday, October 6, 2022

Summer's End

“Summer’s End”        5” x 7”      Pastel       $50      © Sharon Lewis

Click Here to Purchase


            I’ve wanted to paint this for some time now but my reference photos were not very good and so it required enough time and/or inspiration for me to figure out how to convey what I felt when I looked at this scene. The scene is sometime in September when people often take their last trip to the beach because summer is coming to an end. It seemed like the beach was making an extra effort to make sure that this goodbye was a sweet one….the kind of day that sticks in your memory and makes you want to plan another trip for the spring. The water that day was a sparkling blue and the sky had put on my favorite outfit: cornflower blue with contrasting gorgeous, billowy white clouds. Feel that wonderful sense of relaxation as you gaze out over the water, digging your toes into the sand, and the sea breeze caresses your face. Ahhhhh.

            Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment