Friday, September 9, 2022

Following Care Along the Dusty Road



 “Following Care Along the Dusty Road”         9” x 12”        Pastel        $100      © Sharon Lewis

Click Here to Purchase


              I borrowed this title from the poem, Journey by Edna St. Vincent Millay. She seems to be talking about noticing all the beauty around her but continuing to move forward attending to responsibilities (All my life, Following Care along the dusty road, Have I looked back at loveliness and sighed). I think about this a lot this time of year. Soon the leaves will be turning gorgeous bright colors but I and my students will need to focus on our academic responsibilities. However, I think that I will probably also be thinking like the poet when she says:

But far, oh, far as passionate eye can reach,

And long, ah, long as rapturous eye can cling,

The world is mine: blue hill, still silver lake,

Broad field, bright flower, and the long white road

A gateless garden, and an open path:
My feet to follow, and my heart to hold.

           

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment