Friday, August 27, 2021

Ephemeral Beauty

“Ephemeral Beauty”       9x 12”       Pastel        $100      © Sharon Lewis

Click Here to Purchase


            The photos I used as references for this painting were taken while I was being bombarded by hordes of hungry mosquitoes, who totally ignored the insect repellant I was wearing. Maybe because the summers in Maine are so short, the mosquitoes are incredibly determined to get their ounce of blood, or at least that’s what it feels like. I know that the gorgeously colorful scene unfolding in front of me was worth all the itchy bites I would discover later. These stunning sunrises are the reason that I, a non-morning person, am willing to get up at the first glimmer of light to capture the ephemeral beauty of the skies.

            Happy Weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment