Friday, October 23, 2020

Just Visiting

“Just Visiting”     7” x 5”      Pastel           $50        © Sharon Lewis

Click Here to Purchase

             I used to dislike plein air painting…not the idea of it; being outside and painting essentially married two of my loves. It was the reality of it that I wasn’t crazy about. It wasn’t the bugs or the heat or cold; it wasn’t gusts of wind that threatened to topple my easel or blow my painting out to sea. It was all of the beauty in front of me and the struggle to ignore some of that beauty to make a workable composition. It was having to make good and effective choices very quickly or the light shifted or the clouds moved away. I’m getting a tiny bit better at this and I have to say nothing beats plein air painting. I’m outside, in hopefully a beautiful place, and if I keep my swearing to a minimum, slowly but surely, all of the wild creatures come out of hiding as they get used to this odd visitor to their home.

            Happy Weekend!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment