Friday, April 17, 2020

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning

“Oh, What a Beautiful Morning”        9” x 9”    Pastel       $100     © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase
I grew up hearing songs from musicals…all musicals it seems. My Dad loved them and apparently so did our grade school choir director so I learned to sing many of the songs from these same musicals. One of my favorites is “Oh, what a beautiful morning” sung by Gordon MacRae in the musical, “Oklahoma”. It’s a wonderfully cheerful song and it seemed the perfect title for this sunrise painting.
By the way, as everyone who knows me will tell you, I’m not a morning person but I will get up right before dawn, anywhere in the world, to capture a beautiful sunrise. It’s always worth it and then I go back to sleep like the good night owl that I am.
            Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment