Thursday, March 12, 2020

What Endures

“ What Endures”          8” x 8”         Pastel           $70       © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase
            The week has been filled with increasingly stressful talk and measures connected to the corona virus, COVID-19. While I have been paying careful attention to this as it impacts my job as a professor, I have been trying to maintain some degree of perspective. What I don’t want is for this understandably scary virus to be the only thing that I think about all day. So, I’ve been taking refuge in reminding myself of those things that endure. I’m remembering the hypnotic sounds of the waves and the smell of the salt in the air at a beach I visited recently. I’m focusing on the sound of the breeze blowing through my budding trees in the backyard and the melodic spring songs sung by the birds visiting my feeder. I am grateful for all of the beauty that nature presents at this time of year.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment