Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving!

“Family Gathering”         6” x 6”        Pastel         $40         © Sharon Lewis

            This past, challenging year I have been reminded of how immensely important my family and friends are to my life.  So, this Thanksgiving, I am even more grateful than usual for my wonderful kids and all of my friends; your love and support make me the luckiest person I know!
            I am also grateful for the poetry of Maya Angelou, whose work never fails to remind me of how truly brilliant and wise she was. Here is an excerpt from her poem, “A Brave and Startling Truth”:
When we come to it
We, this people, on this wayward, floating body
Created on this earth, of this earth
Have the power to fashion for this earth
A climate where every man and every woman
Can live freely without sanctimonious piety
Without crippling fear

When we come to it
We must confess that we are the possible
We are the miraculous, the true wonder of this world
That is when, and only when
We come to it.
            Happy Thanksgiving!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment