Friday, September 27, 2019

Flowers for Julia

“Flowers for Julia” Pastel        2.5” x 3.5”        SOLD       © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase

I was struggling a bit on what to post this week. I had a painting I did on Saturday but it just wasn’t conveying the mood and setting as I hoped. So, I looked around my studio and saw this small painting I did while on the coast. If I was at all successful in conveying the beauty and grace of these wildflowers, it is probably because of my exposure to the wonderful wildflower paintings of my immensely talented artist friend, Karen Margulis.
 I think this painting spoke to me today because it reminded me of the photos of beautiful flowers my youngest sister Julia used to post each week of the flowers she grew in her garden. A love of growing beautiful flowers is something my two sisters and I always shared.
Enjoy your flowers, hug the people you love,  and Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment