Thursday, September 6, 2018

The Last One

“The Last One”      Pastel        5” x 7”       $50     © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase

            The truth is that plein air painting intimidates me a bit. I love the outdoors but painting on location brings a lot of challenges: bugs, strong winds, blinding sun in your eyes, and curious strangers who apparently feel that you’re there to provide them with entertainment. However, I also have to admit, once I get started painting, I don’t want to stop and often don’t until the light is gone or we need to be somewhere else. This painting was the last painting in a beautiful location and is partially made up. I wanted to paint these bushes in the fading light but I didn’t like the composition in front of me so I “rearranged” the bushes into a design that worked a little better.
Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment