Thursday, June 28, 2018

Rocky Path

“Rocky Path”     Pastel     5” x 7”       $50     © Sharon Lewis 
Click Here to Purchase 

            Just a few days ago I was enjoying cool breezes, and painting on location in Maine. Anyone who knows me well, knows that I love painting rocks of any type as well as the ocean. I was searching for a slightly different perspective than the one I usually paint while here on Bailey Island, ME. I found that if I set up my easel and stood squeezed in between some trees, the formerly jagged-looking rocks now appeared to form a rocky path. I could paint these rocks and the ocean a million times and still learn something new about their colors and textures! I feel so fortunate to have been able to escape the heat and humidity of Georgia and to enjoy painting this beautiful part of our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment