Thursday, April 26, 2018

Gone From My Sight

“Gone From My Sight”         Pastel             7” x 9”         $70       © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase 


I borrowed the title of my painting from a poem of the same name by Henry Van Dyke. It talks of standing on a seashore like this and watching a ship sail off until she is out of sight. I’m thinking of my sister, Meg who passed from our sight this week. The poem continues in a happier tone:
             And, just at the moment when someone says, "There, she is gone,"
                         there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices
                         ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"
             And that is dying...”
Hug the ones you love this weekend and have a happy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment