Thursday, June 15, 2017

Translucence


“Translucence”            Pastel                9” x 12”              $100             © Sharon Lewis
SOLD

            I’m back from an amazing international art conference in Albuquerque (IAPS). For 5 wonderful days, I was surrounded by hundreds of very talented, generous, and fun artists. I was in heaven! I took classes with artists, Doug Dawson, Alan Flattman, Nancie King Mertz, and Kathleen Newman. I learned something new from each one. I was also fortunate to be able to take a workshop from the very talented artist and excellent teacher, Jeanne Rosier Smith. Jeanne imbues her paintings of waves with drama, light, and color. They’re absolutely beautiful! Her workshop was full of useful tips and I’m impressed with how kind and patient she was with everyone in our workshop. The painting above is the one I painted in her workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment