Friday, February 10, 2017

Let’s Pretend It’s Spring

“Let’s Pretend It’s Spring”      Pastel        14” x 11”        $150     ©Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase 

            I know it’s not spring yet but I saw some beautiful tulips at the grocery store and had to bring them home. Tulips are, in my opinion, perfect antidotes to a gloomy winter day which is exactly what it was when I painted these recently. They are one of my favorite flowers because not only do they come in a variety of colors, but the blooms open with the petals seeming to joyously embrace the light and air. As if that wasn’t enough, if you look closely, even the apparently single color tulips have a variety of different colors on their petals, and as they bloom they often reveal additional surprise colors on the inside. You couldn’t ask for a more delightful flower for an artist that loves colors!
            Hoping your weekend is colorful!

No comments:

Post a Comment