Friday, December 4, 2015

Into the Presence of Still Water



“Into the Presence of Still Water”    Pastel      12” x 9”    $100    © Sharon Lewis

                  I thought we could all use a peaceful, tranquil image at this time. I know I certainly could.
We came across this place as we ended a nice, relaxing hike. The water was perfectly still and it was cool and foggy. It could have been a very gloomy place but instead I was struck by its quiet beauty.
I wonder if I’m drawn to painting this scene when I most need peace and tranquility. It’s the kind of image that encourages me to stop and think about all of the kind, compassionate, tolerant, and wise people I know rather than focus on the people driven to harm others.
Hoping you have a happy, peaceful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment