Thursday, October 1, 2015

Ocean Solitude


“Ocean Solitude”             Pastel             18” x 24"            $ 350            © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase
             I was born in a city with a vast inland sea (Chicago) and then grew up near the ocean in southern Florida. I now live outside a major landlocked city (Atlanta), far away from the ocean and I find myself really missing it from time to time. There’s something so mesmerizing about standing on a shore, whether sandy or rocky as in this case, and just watching the force and beauty of the incoming waves.
            For this painting, I used photos I took while climbing out on the rocks and shooting the shoreline all the time hoping I didn’t lose my balance and become part of the crashing surf below. 
            Happy Weekend!

          
 

No comments:

Post a Comment