Thursday, August 20, 2015

All That’s Best of Dark and Bright

“All That’s Best of Dark and Bright”       Pastel          15" x 20"           $250         © Sharon Lewis
SOLD

             I happen to love the poem “She Walks in Beauty” so with apologies to its long dead author, Lord Byron I borrowed a phrase from it to use as my title. Every time I read this poem I can see vivid images in my mind.  I think my favorite line is the first: “She walks in beauty, like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies…..”         
            While cloudless climes might be nice, this sky was filled with beautiful clouds catching the light of the sun as it faded from view. I can hear the sea gulls crying good night with the sound of the wind rolling across the water. Ahhh, peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment