Thursday, August 7, 2014

Majestic Beauty

“Majestic Beauty”            9” x 12”         Pastel          $100            Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase
 

          I cannot believe that before our trip to Norway, I was concerned that maybe I wouldn’t get enough interesting photos or that one fjord would look like all the rest. As we drove from Bergen, Norway to Alesunde, I was struck with the unique beauty of each fjord. The color of the water was sometimes different shades of blue, sometimes a gorgeous emerald green, and sometimes it was several colors. Today’s painting is of a place near Loen, Norway where the water was green, turquoise, and then further out a more purple-blue. I’ve been having a wonderful time painting and trying to capture the beauty of this remarkable country.

No comments:

Post a Comment