Friday, June 7, 2024

Firebird

“Firebird”          9” x 9”        Pastel       $240       © Sharon Lewis

Click Here to Purchase

            I rarely work from other people’s photos but this shot that my daughter took is exactly the kind of scene I love. When I finished painting this, I stepped back and thought immediately of a firebird. The firebird is often described as a  bird glowing with red, orange, and yellow light and has several different myths associated with it. I like the Suzanne Massie retelling of the legend, that has a young, talented artisan turned into a firebird by a sorcerer because she chose to remain true to her values. She sheds her beautiful feathers over her village where the magical feathers show their colors to those who love beauty and who seek to make beauty for others. 

            Happy Weekend!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment