Thursday, June 26, 2014

Plein Air Painting in a Beautiful Place

Maine Cloud Studies                 2.5 x 3.5          Pastel            $20 each            © Sharon Lewis

            I am back in the heat, humidity of Atlanta with lots and lots of rain thrown in! Other than one night of rain, we were so lucky in Maine to have sunny and cool weather. It was ideal for painting plein air or on location. I didn’t have to go far and wasn’t exactly roughing it since from the deck of the house we were staying in I had a wonderful view of a beautiful sky with lots of clouds. I wanted to do a series of cloud paintings (one of my favorite things to paint) and since the clouds were changing so rapidly, I chose to do mini paintings, some of which I’ve posted here.
            I hope you are enjoying your summer wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment