Friday, December 20, 2013

Where Santa Lives When Not at the North Pole

“Christmas Marsh”    9” x 12”     Pastel    $100     © Sharon Lewis
Click Here to Purchase 

            Well, I believe I’m finally through with holiday shopping but now have to wrap all the presents. Even though by the time I get to this point I’m pretty exhausted, I still enjoy doing this. I love all of the colors of the wrapping paper and bows and even the tags. Each present after I’ve wrapped it, feels a little like a work of art I’ve created. I think I’m like most of my artist friends in that we need very little excuse to exercise our creativity…whether you want us to or not.
            Some of my artist friends might recognize the view in this painting although I’ve significantly changed the colors. It’s been a really grey, overcast day here and I felt the need for some bright, cheerful colors. The painting is based on some photos I took this September when visiting the Wetlands Institute in Stone Harbor, NJ. This is a beautiful, peaceful marsh, with birds everywhere and well worth a visit if you’re ever in southern New Jersey. Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment